Skip to main content

Chapter 257: Home is where the heart is

I guess you won't really understand the meaning of Home until you leave it. I miss Melaka. I miss home. I miss everyone. I got back to Melaka last weekend by bus. Reached at about 10:45pm at night. It felt so good to step on Melaka ground again, a place where all the cheap and tasty food belong to. Subang's food is alright. It's just that maybe the portion is a tad too big for me. Though when I first came here I ate A LOT. Like A LOT. Once I had medium Wan Tan Mee, a piece of roti canai and a waffle. Now my appetite is the same again so sometimes when I'm not that hungry I can't finish my food. Home-cooked food is still the best after all. No one can ever beat my mom's bulls-eye egg. And soup. And lots of other yummy food. Wish I was home right this instance. :(

Am I homesick? Maybe. But then I don't feel unhappy here. I'm okay. I'm lucky because my roommate is someone I know. I'm lucky because I have two high school friends as my classmates. I'm lucky because quite a number of people I know study here. I'm lucky because I have a place to stay. I'm so lucky because there are food stalls nearby. I'm lucky because I can go back to my aunt's place during the weekends when I don't go back to Melaka. I feel grateful. But that doesn't mean I don't miss home.

Reached home and was a bit emo for some reasons. Hahaha. Don't ask me why. Private. Next day I went for tennis and chitchat session with the Bijes! Except for Potty cos he had to work. Victor joined us too. It was like old times. Really miss the weekly sessions though. Meetups are always so nice. :) I guess it might be the last meetup for us because 2 of them are going for Matriculation soon. Hopefully I can go home next week so that we can gather for one last time! Sigh but that following week I have MA2 PT1!!!!! Argh. Decisions decisions.

Spent the next day with my mommy. Went to DP to settle her stuff and Aeon to shop. I managed to buy some stuff HEHEHE so happy. Hello I didn't spend my mom's money okay. Hahaha. Received RM50 from a Chinese association (Sorry I can't recall the name).
Photo: 荣获马六甲华文教师联谊会颁发SPM华文科特优奖- Celine Wen
I have proof betches. Lololol photo courtesy of my mom.

She posted this on Facebook and was wondering why no one liked it HAHAHAHAHA. I checked for her and noticed that she'd set her privacy settings to "Only Me". So she was actually ss-ing all this while. My mommy is so cute. 

RM50 sounds so little right? HEH. Managed to buy a small bag (BEEN SEARCHING HIGH AND LOW FOR A CHEAP ONE K) for RM29.90 and a blouse for RM19.90. There goes my RM50 hahaha but Super cheap okay?!?!?!! Oh by the way Padini was having a 4-day sales last week. EVERYTHING WAS SOLD AT HALF PRICE. So naaaaaaiiiiiiseee. Lolol. 

Had a fun day shopping and chatting with my mom!!! Hehe. I miss her already :(



Progress Test 2 this Saturday! Praying hard that I can tackle all the questions and improve my marks. 

K gotta go study nao. Bye! 









x
Celine

So glad to see you again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact