Skip to main content

Chapter 286: Not working hard enough

Hello! Lol I'm slowly transitioning to 2 blog posts in a month without noticing. Who knows...by the end of the year I might transition to one blog post per month. Omg. Better not. Must keep this place alive.

So....what's up? I realized I've gone back to Malacca for 3 times this month; the most times since last year I think? My weekends have been really productive and fun hahaha. But my exam results? Not so.

I'd just gotten back my FTX (shall just call it tax for easy reading) PT2 paper. Let's just say I'm filled with a mixture of emotions when I got it back. Firstly, I thought I'd failed the paper because there were a lot of things I'd forgotten during the test. I was damn depressed (not till the point that I cry but still) and worried. But when Mr Simon said there were 51 people who passed this round, I was relieved. Then a little voice in my head said, "What if you're one of the 13 people who failed?"

I had utmost confidence that I'll pass, but when he slowly read the names from the highest to the lowest, my confidence decreased tremendously. I was biting my fist, looking around worriedly while my friends got their papers back one by one with happiness written on their faces. I was thinking, "It's okay it's okay. there are still a bunch of papers in his hands." Then another part of me said, "AHA YOU FAILED HAHA IN YOUR FACE" -______- Ya okay thanks a lot, little evil part of me.

Then he shouted my name. Phewwwwwww. I expected more or less the same marks as before and yeah lol I got 59.5. Previously I scored only 57. To be honest, I didn't feel 100% happy. I was relieved, yet a little bit disappointed. You might be thinking, "Who would be 100% happy with this kind of result?" The answer to that is yes there ARE. JJ is one. Haha. Because he failed last PT so he's super glad that he passed. Until when we were eating lunch halfway, he would suddenly say how happy he was that he passed. When we met a senior just now, he accidentally shouted, "I passed my Tax FUCKER" LOLOLOLOL. It was a slip of the tongue. The senior confirm damn shocked hahahhahaha girl somemore.

Ok back to my feelings LOL. Actually I don't feel like damn emo lah now. Because I accept what I deserve. I know I haven't studied Tax properly. I'd been focusing too much on Audit. I revised Tax like one day before PT LOL. Yes I did revise a few times before that but not too much on the newly learnt chapters. That's why I forgot a lot of new stuff....但是我接受了。我知道自己不是笨...只是不够复习。我相信我是可以的。It's sort of painful to see how much your friends have improved, while you're still at the same spot, struggling to breathe. I feel glad for them though. They put in the effort, therefore they reap what they sow. Really happy for them. :)

One of my classmates, who got 38 for PT1, scored a high mark of 75 this time. That's almost double the mark for PT1. Why could she do it? Is it because she's smarter than me? No, it's because she worked for it. She fought for what she wanted. And I'm proud of her for putting in so much effort to get what she deserves. And it's time for me to do the same as well.

I can't be so easily satisfied with just a pass anymore. Pass? Anyone can do it. Scoring? No, not everyone. It's what distinguishes you from others. The hard work and dedication and a bit of luck is what determines everything. At least for me. I'm no genius. Though I'm pretty sure every genius work their ass off more than anyone of us. So yes, it's game time.

On a brighter note, I scored 79 for Financial Accounting. Heh. Okay okay not that high to flaunt around but...HEY I revised two days before the test XD Really thought I'd get 5X or 6X when I did the test, no joke lol. Managed to even be on the Top 10 list too...? So that's great. I could do much better though (oh don't I say this after alllll the tests? -.-). It's okay. Mock exam here I come yo!




It's never too late to start working hard...unless you're one week away from Finals and haven't started on anything lah. Then you're on your own liao no amount of hard work can save you from dooming to your own death. (Just a note to myself.)



x
Celine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact