Skip to main content

Chapter 282: Goodbye 2014 Hello 2015

HELLO! Sorry for being MIA for the longest time ever hahaha. No, I wasn't really busy actually. I was just lazy and lost the motivation to blog. Back to the topic!

2014 WAS CRAZY. I spent the first three months of the year practically rotting at home because I thought I needed the rest. (Apparently not lol) I learnt a bit of cooking though, so I guess it wasn't so bad. By the end of March, I started my journey in Sunway College, where I'd spent most of my 2014 there. It was also the place where it gave me the most impact on my life in 2014.

I was given the chance to go outside of my comfort zone; having to be away from my family and my home. Sure, it's not that far, but it is after all away from where I've lived my whole life. I'd gotten to explore more, to know more people of different characters, to learn more. I have definitely cried a lot this year; most of the time because of the pressure I put on myself (Note: Not about studies. It's just me and my emo self.) and because I miss home and my friends back home whom I've grown to appreciate more.

I've learnt to see things in a different perspective. I've learnt to let go and do different things. I can also clearly see people's real characters now. 我们不需要太多朋友,一两个真心的就够了。I don't want to always force myself to blend in just because I have to. I like to make friends with people whom I feel comfortable around and not those whom I've to think twice before saying anything for fear that they will judge me. It's just too much pressure around those people, you know? :)

You make choices; and choices make you. It's amazing to think that the choices you make will eventually give you a bigger impact and will probably affect you for the rest of your lives. In 2014, I've made a lot of choices; some good, some bad. I guess the first choice was to join the March intake for CAT instead of January's. For the whole year, I've been thinking to myself, "What IF I were to join January intake?". To be honest, I feel a bit regretful for not joining the earlier intake because I would've been pursuing ACCA next week already instead of still being in CAT. But, I probably won't have time to socialize or go out for movies often. Often times I also tell myself that there are no what ifs in life because everything happens for a reason.

It's weird, you know, when you start growing up. You start to see things in your parents' eyes. You start to think differently. And it's scary because you know you'll be 20 in no time. LOL. I swear I was just 10 a few moments ago and now I'm nearing 20, WHAT?! :(  I feel so sampat. Not even 19 yet and I am worried about being 20 hahahaha.

Actually New Year's also nothing much lah right. It's just another excuse to be crazy for the last day of a certain year HAHAHAHA. Because we are constantly changing every minute every second ma. You can't say you've changed a lot in a year cos we are changing even as of now. Change is scary but change is also the only constant thing in life. #deep

I would like to say thank you to the people who've stuck with me throughout this ride. I do hope that all of you will accompany throughout another year of happiness, joy, cries and growing up. Don't worry, I will be there for you too. :3

2015 will be a tough one for sure. With Ch going to India in April, I don't think I'm going to have a good mood for a few weeks (maybe months. Or maybe till he comes back AHAHHA. Ok lah no lah -_- Not really the overly attached type. I hope. LOLOLOL ). Don't get me wrong though, I fully support him. And in July, I'll start to pursue ACCA if I successfully pass my CAT papers. Yay! Hopefully all goes well.

May 2015 be as great as 2014! 



x
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact