Skip to main content

Chapter 284: MCKL Spectrum Dash Charity Run

Yes I know I haven't updated since 3 weeks ago hahahaha. My delay is getting longer and longer weih. Ok cannot. Must be hardworking liao.

It is 7:34am now as I am writing this. I woke up at 6am for my morning exercise HAHAHA. Sounds impossible coming from me kan. Well, there's a first for everything. And today is my first LMAO. I say exercise and not jogging because I think I jogged for 1.2km then walked then jogged another 300m then walked again AHAHAHHA. All of this added up to 2.65km so you can do the math yourself. What. Don't judge me. That is a very good achievement for me already considering I haven't exercised for more than half a year I think. *monkey covers eyes emoji*

You might wonder why I suddenly wanted to start exercising again. Besides the fact that I'm getting fatter *coughs* (Eh please I know it's not obvious but I have to face it everyday ok it's not easy *breaks down*), prior to this, I went for MCKL's Charity Run last week! Oh boy, from the moment I saw 6km I knew I was going to die. 6km doesn't sound far but woaaaaah it is so god damned far for a person like me. I heard there was going to be obstacles too...my poor heart almost stopped beating.

I was reluctant to go at first because I haven't done any heavy exercise since I came here. But this Kenny ah, keep on pestering us walao eh sibeh annoying. Though I'm super glad he did, so I would come to a realization that I really need to start exercising again.

I woke up at 5am, ate breakfast, then went to Lagoonview to find Shirleen. Kenny and Zac fetched us (me, Shirleen, JJ, Jeremy and Zi Yen) to Kelana Jaya's LRT Station. There, we met up with Amanda, Qing, June and Sherv. We were already quite late at that time, almost reaching 7am, while the flagoff was at 7am AHAHAHHAA. We bought our tickets (more like tokens. note to self: buy a Touch n Go card for easy transportation) and sat the LRT to Masjid Jamek. Kenny had said that Padang Merbok was super near to Masjid Jamek BUT WTF quite far weih lolol. I think there was a 2km distance lor have to cross road somemore. We ran and walked super fast because we thought they'd already started the run. Wa I got tired even before the run *poop emoji*

Luckily for us, we came just in time (not really wtf). We did a warm up dance before running. LOL. I couldn't stop judging while respecting the people on stage for doing the dance hahahahaha. OK lah it wasn't that bad.

After that we ran WHEEEEEE. And I don't know where they got this stupid idea of trying to attach us with loom bands LOL. We decided to play along but removed it after less than 1km because it got so sweaty and uncomfortable ZZZZZZZ.

Oops this post was WAYYY delayed than I thought it'd be.

So the initial "run" turned into short sprints and (way too) long walks. I think it was a great bonding session though. Kenny, ZY, JJ, Amanda, Valerie and WZ were in front though so no bonding session for them HAHA.

So the 7 of us: Me, Shirleen, Ernest, Jeremy, Sherv and June brisk walked behind XD The first obstacle was seriously bullshit. They just randomly decorated cardboard boxes at the side walk and we had to "overcome" it. So much for "The obstacles are not so easy!" LOL.

After a short while we came across a Redbull car. They gave us free Redbull wooo. To be honest I've never tried Redbull before so I was abit skeptical >_> Oh and did you know that the RED coloured can is the one from Europe? Whereas the GOLD coloured can is from Thailand! We learn something everyday now don't we. :3


With these babies at the second obstacle!

OBSTACLEEEE


The Redbull tasted awful (like fever medicine) at the first sip but not bad after tasting it consequently. The sprinting+walking continued on until what seemed to be forever. Hello don't judge please we haven't exercised for a long time okay XD

After forever was over, we finally reached! We went to get our goodie bags while waiting for everyone else to reach. And then....PICTURE TIME.


 Super love this picture because all of us look genuinely happy!!





The height difference is too adorable. HAYY ERNEST BEHIND THERE.

With Qing and Shirleen!

Wan Zhen and Valerie!

With Qing! She burnt her lips the day before. Hence, the smile.
WOOO

Then we headed to Petaling Street to eat. Oh and it was also so goddamned far weih hahahaha. 

Ok apparently I didn't take pictures of the deco at Petaling. WHY. :((((( 

We had wantanmee though. At this shop called Koon Kee (thank God for swarmapp HAHAHAHA).

Then we went on another marathon again to find this cafe called VCR. We walked damn a lot k walao T_T


The ambiance is great and all. The cake was alright.

My lemon meringue. It got a bit jelak at the end because it was so sour lol.

I'm not a cafe kind of person so I don't know how to judge cakes/coffees. 

And then we walked a lot again. Ok I should just summarize this whole post with: "Walking. Maybe a little bit of running. Eating. Walking. Eating. Walking." 

I had a really good time overall though!!!!! My legs were so sore omgosh. 




By the way, I'd like to wish everyone a belated Valentine's Day :P 

Here's a picture to compensate for the lack of updates. XD
And yes I cut my hair. 


Have a great CNY people. 



x
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact