Skip to main content

Chapter 307: Year-End Review 2016

Hello my good people.

It is the time of the year again where I consolidate my shitty year. Ok lah, it's not that bad I guess. I still had some good memories, met some new friends, tried out some new things hehe.


#1 Lost my phone 
First shitty thing that happened to me was that I lost my phone, which was only a year plus old. Sigh. I accidentally left it on the cafeteria table and 5 minutes later it was gone. Tragic, I know.

#2  Back on the Courts


Workshop

Impromptu tennis session at UM

This is something I'm super proud of myself for doing because I couldn't get my lazy ass on those courts for at least 2 years. And this made me meet more new people, which up till now, I am utterly grateful for. Thank you John for approaching me when I was just getting warmed up and creating a platform for me to continue playing this sport I love so dearly. And also introducing me to a bunch of sohais whom definitely made my year so much better. I'm glad that tennis was there when no one else was.

#3  SAC Family
Of course being the SAC Fambam was one of the highlights of my year. Literally my second home and I can't believe how close we've become.


Orientation Day for the freshies

 Durian eating day before Camp at Mr Teo's dusun

Being a Camp facilitator for the first time

Dressing up for Social Gathering 

 CAT Graduation


Birthday celebration for the April babies 

 Sports Day - Our second event together

ACCA & ICAEW Graduation


Cameron Highlands trip

I truly grew a lot with them; being a part of this amazing team taught me a lot as a person and also as an active team player. And because most of my year was occupied with SAC events, I wouldn't know what my year would be like without them. No regrets at all. They are people whom I will hold close to my heart even after years to come, and I hope our memories will stay fond to everyone.

#4  TEDxSunwayUniversity 
I've always liked interesting TED talks, but not until the extent of wanting to join as a member or something. But when I saw a post about recruiting a graphic designer, it sparked my interest because I liked designing but only as a hobby. I only joined so that I could mature in terms of developing my designs. 

I have to admit that it wasn't easy at all. And because my skills were quite limited, I had to work extra hard to fit the requirements of the club. I'm sure I offended some people along the way as I didn't quite like their culture and ways of doing things at first. It was vastly different from SAC's culture, which made me uncomfortable. 

But I guess we can't always stay in our comfort zones right? Sometimes we have to compromise and shape ourselves - but not fully - so that we are able to communicate with others properly. It's not the matter of being fake, but rather, tolerating and trying to empathize with others. By the end of the day, I was okay with the team. Our last major event was a successful one and I definitely learned a lot.



Major event: Luminosity 

I iz smol

I'm actually glad I got myself busy with multiple events this year. It's really different compared to what you learn only in classrooms. It brings out the best in me and it allowed me to realize that I am still lacking so much more and I have so much to learn. And that's good because the sky is the limit. If we keep constraining ourselves to classroom learning, what's the fun in that? 

#5  Birthday Surprise

My beautiful baes. I already expected a surprise from them because I overheard their conversation HAHAHA. But they were smart enough to leave it till the end of the day because by that time I have already forgotten about it. 

This is my first ever cake face smash lmfao so yes it's worth remembering! And they were so sweet to have bought me a tennis bag because they knew I had a rough time during the first few months (some who shared the gift aren't in this picture). I've never been so grateful to have them in my life with me.

#6  Redang Trip
Redang was my second trip with friends, this time with more people.







Nothing much to say about this trip really. I just wanted to post these pics up HAHAHAHAHA. 

#7  Hiking @ Bukit Tabur East 
This was definitely a highlight of my year. My first time hiking! 



I've got to say it was a great experience. I vomitted on the way up though HAHAHAHA, but I have a valid reason for that. I think I shouldn't have eaten that MCD Breakfast before hiking wtf. Thank God I still managed to survive the rest of the journey.

As I was in the middle of healing myself, this experience really helped a lot in the process. I felt rejuvenated and energized and felt like I could take on the world. 

Thank you Alex for asking me to go! Would love to conquer more peaks in 2017. 

I think this should be all for 2016. After listing everything out here, I think my 2016 was rather tragic but beautiful too. 

It was a year of growing up, of opening up my narrowed thoughts so that I could see the world better, of exploring myself as a person and my capabilities as an individual. I got lost in the middle because I felt like I lost something that I could rely on; a rock or a tree which picked me up when I fell. Then I realize the only rock I could rely on was myself. Nothing is more important than my own happiness.

I realized that no one is worth begging for. If you were to beg for their presence, they're not meant to be in your life. People who would stay regardless of anything that happened, are people whom you should appreciate more in your life. They are not there for you because you asked them to, but it's because they chose to. 

Lastly, you deserve the love you keep trying to give everyone else. Don't let anyone dim the sparkle in you. 


x
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact