Skip to main content

Chapter 306: Productive (Sort of) Sembreak

Huehuehue it's me again. I must say that this must be one of my most productive sembreaks I've had.

Let's just skip the part where I had been tortured by countless amount of notes to digest and trying to vomit everything I crammed into my head the day after. Yeah, let's just skip that. *shivers*

I had a day of rest right after my finals before I headed to Cameron Highlands with my SAC Com. So I spent almost the whole day trying to finish off Parts 1 and 2 of my OBU Project. Oh right, yes, my mentor, being the hardworking person he is, had already called for our first meeting before our finals. I asked around and it seems that other mentors haven't even started hahaha. But that's good, because it may be possible for us to finish the project even before the new semester starts, which means we have a heads off compared to the rest of our peers. There isn't a good reason why I wanted to finish it in one day; it's just because I am kiasu HAHAHAHA. Yeah, I was 2 weeks ahead of the deadline lmao. Nah, I just didn't want to leave it because I know that I would slack off. And since I had the time, why not right?

 I didn't really have much excitement for this trip to be honest HAHAHA maybe because I was too caught up with finals. I didn't really have the mood and I wanted to quickly go home.

BUT, I am so glad I went for the trip. The trip didn't go as well as we had planned to be because we were stuck in the car most of the time. The jam was massive so it was pretty much hopeless for us to go from one place to another. Oh and a lot of time was delayed on the first day too because apparently everyone had Cameron's on their minds when it came to holidays lmao. All is good though, because we spent the time in the cars talking and I could feel our bonds getting stronger. This is what I like about trips - getting to know stuff you wouldn't have the chance to on a normal day.

It would be a lie to say that I didn't have fun. We even had a cook-off competition between the guys and girls. Needless to say that we won, duh. HAHAHAH. But I've gotta say hats off to the guys for their creative thinking in naming their dishes, going from Jesus Flying Over India (Buddha Jump Over The Wall reference mou) to Stirfried Dickhead (Because the mushrooms looked like dickheads). Well I guess guys are more bullshit - I mean creative in this field. 8D

By the end of the trip, we exchanged letters for each other. I regretted my life decisions when I chose to write everything on the day before our trip lmao because I managed to only finish it by 3am in the morning (and yes I had to wake up at 8am to gather for our trip). But it's all good because some of them didn't even finish writing, or worse, didn't write at all; which was why we received one-sentence letters from them hahahahah it's okay it's the thought that counts righttt.

I really, really enjoyed the trip and I kind of miss getting stuck in the car talking cock with them hehehe. I reckon that there won't be another trip with the whole lot again, so I really appreciated our time together. We owe the drivers and organizers so much for contributing. We love you!


My hair looks like shit here buttttt it's okay because everyone looks great!

After I got back to Melaka, it's been a whole week of nua-ing my life away. Actually no, I think I did a good job in utilizing the scarce break I have. I think for ACCA students, we only have like 2 months of break for the whole year wtf gg life.

I started off with a HK Drama called 幕后玩家 because I wanted to watch this drama for quite some time. I'm glad it didn't disappoint me. I had a whale of a time chasing it from morning till night until I eventually finished it 8D And then I got guilty because I made a promise to myself that I'd at least finish half of OBU but here I was, slacking like a piece of shit I am.

So yeah, to gain more motivation to continue OBU, I decided to tell myself that I could only progress with my drama if I finished off certain parts of OBU. HAHAHA. So it was OBU, drama, OBU, drama. And hey I've actually progressed more than I thought I would lololol. Productive af please. Actually no lah I feel that I've left out a lot of things so I might need to go back and amend it.

Also, I had the shock of my life when I couldn't get my similarity report to 20% or lesser. I'm not gonna lie but the first time I submitted it was a crazy high level of 42% LOL. Then I managed to get it to 32% so I thought hey, that's good enough right, Mr Goh would understand. After that I saw that someone had submitted and gotten theirs to go lower than 20% lol so yeah the insecurity and kiasuness in me got to my head so I went back and change anything that I could like one day before the deadline which was on the 25th. LOL phew that was a mouthful. Turnitin could only produce the similarity report after 24 hours for the second and subsequent submissions so I could only get it on 25th itself. But thank the Gods, I'd gotten it down to exactly 20%, which is actually good and bad news because good news - I don't have to change anything, for now. Bad news - I need to ensure that Part 3 (which is the bulk of the report) has 0% similarity, which is of course, IMPOSSIBLE. So yeah I guess I still have to amend a lot of my things for the report, but that's a problem to solve for another day.

I managed to finish two dramas, one which I've mentioned earlier and the other one 致命复活 which is another cruel and sick drama that involves a lot of gore, blood and crazy people. Totally my type of drama I'm sure of it. I prefer 幕后玩家 though because the characters are more likable and have more of an impact on me regarding their personalities compared to 致命复活. Now I am progressing to K Dramas HAHAHA. I am currently chasing Goblin and it's hilarious as hell.

As for my OBU, my progress has certainly slowed down LMAO but I am hopeful that I may be able to finish off the bulk of it before class starts. Oh right, I also have a new laptop thanks to my mom yay!

I didn't expect this update to be this long lol but just treat like it like I'm talking to an old friend yeah? I haven't been this proud of my progress for so long HAHAHAHA let me be.



x
Celine







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact