Skip to main content

Chapter 318: Year-End Review 2018

Hey hey, so let's just jump into it! According to my instagram, my life in 2018 had been pretty...mundane HAHA. But let's take a good look back to the past.

1. My first Jay Chou concert




It was SOOOO good. I had literal chills when I was at the National Stadium. Even though we were sat pretty far away from the stage, but the atmosphere was very, very worth it for me already. T___T

2. My first Peak Period


You know how we always imagine things to be harder in our heads, and how much worse it could get when it finally happens, but in reality it's not that bad after all? Yep, that's what peak is to me. 
I honestly couldn't have asked for a better team to go through this first peak with me. Yes, it was tough. During the first 2 weeks of fieldwork I was questioning my worthiness, whether or not I was up for this job. I had to lead 2 companies (with the help of Jeff) for the first time and I was basically clueless. Everything was so new to me. In the end, all I can say is, audit really shapes you and makes you grow in ways you couldn't have possibly imagined. 


Thank God for this second home right here. And after a year, only 2 of us are the remaining people in KP. :( 

3. Attended Derek's convocation (during peak period no less. such sacrifices I make HAHAHA)



Actually kinda happy that we got to attend each other's convocations. So glad that I could attend despite busy period. The day before, I slept at 3am (not because I was excited) so the whole day I was in a daze basically lmao). 

4. Went on a shoe frenzy (because priorities right?)

My first pair of UBs
Received this as an Anniversary/Valentine's/Birthday gift from Derek HAHAHAHA. He said this gift is going to last me for 2 years wtf you wish. 
Can't believe it's been almost a year now! Still as comfy as ever. 

Oreo Flyknit RN 2018 ❤︎
Have always wanted to buy a pair of Oreos!! 
Derek had Nike 40% coupons so I knew I had to get them. 

LOL shit I just realised I didn't have a proper pic of my Reacts.
Yes this was an impulse buy but it was GOOD impulse buy and shit I think I haven't returned Derek the money HAHAHAHA #hopeheforgets #yes

5. Ran my first 10K 

It was more of a 6k run and 4k walk LOL but either way I've gone all out of my comfort zone.
Weeks before D-Day I had pulled Chah Wei into training with me wtf because I'm a loser. I really had to push myself because it was so last minute. In the end I told myself if I could just run half of the damned thing I'll be satisfied. And I did a 6k!!! I'm no longer afraid of signing up for longer runs (provided I trained beforehand la gg) 

6. Travelled locally and internationally

Otw to Lembing! 

Bangkok!

Department trip in Tioman Island!

Ho Chi Minh City

With me Mama ❤︎

I don't think I travelled much this year. 2019's resolution is definitely to travel more! 

7. Also travelled outstation more for work

If people asked me what I learnt in KPMG so far, I would say driving. Never in my life would I imagine I had to drive SO MUCH. When I first got my licence, my mom would allow me to drive, but only if I had someone beside me. I couldn't really blame her too because I was studying in Sunway and I didn't have time to practise. So for 3 whole years, I couldn't do anything. I would see my friends getting to wherever they want on their own and I was jealous, and also frustrated. I only started driving more in 2017 when I got my job. From then on, it was non-stop driving for me, but I was and still am grateful for it! I feel more independent. Also, I could use the claims for some side income wtf. Also to pay off the installments and maintenance HAHAHA.

In 2018, for work purposes, I drove to Melaka, Perak and Kedah. 5 years ago, I wouldn't have imagined to be able to drive as far as to Kedah. Melaka and Perak are child's play but Kedah. Damn, Kedah is my favourite achievement. It just happened 4/5 days ago so it's still super fresh news for me.

Last week, I got a call from my senior saying they had to switch me for stocktake from TTDI to Kedah. I was honestly very sad because I thought I had to spend my NYE in Kedah. And only 2 girls? Come on, it wasn't fair. But if you ask me now, I can only say that I'm grateful to have given the opportunity. I mean, who knew I could reach Sungai Petani in 3.5 hours? HAHAHAHA. Everyone said I was crazy......hehehe. I had a really great time there though so no regrets at all. The hotel was super nice and my team member kept me awake by chatting with me the whole day. The stocktake was also very smooth. You could say it's the best way to end the year for an auditor.

8. Captain for IDG and IAFG 2018

First time being a Captain for IDG and winning the tournament eventually! 

Also had the honour to be Captain for the IAFG team where we lost to PwC in the semifinals.
It was difficult to lead and I know I didn't do a good job as a Captain but I hope to learn more and do a better job in the future.


9. I signed up for a gym! 

Yet another thing I normally would scoff at when I see other people religiously going to the gym.

I admit, I have struggled with myself whether or not to sign up for a gym since 2017. I did realise a huge amount of weight I gained since college, but I thought I could shake it off with just jogging and an occasional tennis practice. The truth is, I couldn't. I could feel my arms getting bigger, my clothes getting tighter and I just wasn't happy with myself anymore.

When I moved to my aunt's place in August, I saw it as a fresh start so I went to the nearest gym and just signed up for it as it was quite reasonably priced for me. It's one of the best decisions I made in 2018. I signed up for a few personal training sessions too because I felt I could learn more.
I told myself it was an investment. And it sure is, as I've learnt a lot about fitness and health. 
I learnt about the correct postures I should have for the workouts in order not to hurt myself,
the kind of food I should be consuming for me to build my muscles (I learnt that the hard way by not eating right for my dinner),
that progress is still progress even if it takes more effort and time.
I love getting stronger.
I had to freeze my account for 3 months to accommodate peak period but I still hope I can incorporate some workouts in between so as to not lose momentum when I get back. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This should be all! Looking back, I think I did pretty decent in 2018. I achieved some personal milestones and I couldn't be more proud. I hope to achieve more personal growth in 2019, being a leader is my aim for now because I realise I can't really make my own decisions for my team. I need to be firm, stronger and more independent. I hope to make a big move in 2019 as well, so here's to aiming higher and achieving great things in 2019!

Thank you everyone, who made my 2018 a big milestone year for me.

x
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact