Skip to main content

Chapter 277: Emotions

I admit. I'm a super emotionally influenced person. One slight matter or word will trigger me into an emotional ball of self-pity. I never really realized it until I notice that I get mad or sad on such minute matters that won't matter at all in the next 10 years. I get worked up easily though I cool down as easily too. This is why Ch said I have low heat capacity lolol. I forgive, but I never forget.

Is it a bad thing to be so emotionally driven? To be honest I think it's pretty bad. I tend to put my emotions in other people's hands and expect them to hold them dearly. Most of the time I ALLOW people to affect me. I know, I've said it to myself many times that I should just care about my own feelings and not let anyone ruin my happiness. But...how many times have my own words worked on me?

How many times have I forced myself to not be influenced by people who don't matter? How many times have I cried over meaningless problems that aren't even fit to be called problems in the first place? How many times have I wasted my happiness to feed on dark thoughts?

I don't usually fight back but when I do, it's because you've crossed my limit. OR you deliberately want to see me angry. It's true that I'm not a patient person. And I don't like people stepping on me when I'm already down.

xxx

So what gotten me to write this post was something that happened recently.
I've been watching YG's reality survival show Mix and Match these few days. And yeah, I got sucked into the Kpop world again. I was really attracted to iKon's leader Hanbin and I proceeded to fangirl on twitter.

Few hours later someone just had to start bashing them. As you've predicted, I got really mad. Like SERIOUSLY mad. I think it's mainly because I've gotten to start liking these people but you just had to pull them down? I felt protective I guess. Another reason was because this person had already bashed lots of other idols as well (exclusive of her own of course). I had no comments on those because I wasn't sure of the situation.

But this? She seemed so deliberate though. Her criticisms looked forced to me, as if she had purposely crucially thought of a good sarcastic comment to criticize them lol.

This is what I dislike most. People who criticize without thorough understanding. She obviously just wanted to criticize for the sake of criticizing.

Sure, all of this might sound so childish to you, having to lose my temper over idols who don't even know that I exist. I guess it's more of the pointless criticism that got to me than the importance of the idols.

Let me tell you. She has criticized SO MANY people other than idols before and it was getting on my nerves.

I know. People have their rights to say what they want. But when it comes to hurting the people I love (not just idols), I WILL have a say on it.


Then again.
I wish there was a button to push so that I could isolate myself from what people say that could hurt me. This is a cruel world and people are cunning. This is reality and I don't expect people to fully care about what I feel. The only thing I could do to help myself is to put up a barrier so that their gunshots can't get through. Of course, it's easier said than done.


Anyways, I can't change what the person is thinking, but I can change what I don't want my eyes to see. So as of now I've already removed this person's kind opinions from my sight.


Oh. And I never thought that Wechat has that many quiet users. I initially thought that only a few users (of whom I'm quite close with so they wouldn't judge much) were on Wechat so I went on to rant a bit. Ok. A lot actually.

The next day Aaron asked if I was alright lol. I was quite shocked initially but also quite touched hahaha. And soon a few others like Xin Yun and Wenhao asked if I was okay.

Thank you people for the concern. :)




I shall start creating my wall from now on. And learn to control my emotions rather than letting it control me. There are still abundant of lessons to learn in this life. I am super grateful for people who still care. You people are real gems of my life.




加油吧 :) 

x
Celine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact