Skip to main content

Chapter 279: Thoughts about ACCA + Results

The only feeling I got from this round of finals. Nah who am I kidding? It's relief mixed with disappointment, anger, frustration, sadness and...lots more wtf. What. Girls are emotional beings ok. HAHAHA. The feeling of relief kind of ruled everything out though. I felt relief for every paper, though the realization that I didn't do so well hit me seconds later LOL.

The thing about CBE is that we are given the opportunity to know our results immediately after clicking "OK". To be frank, I neither like it nor dislike it. Sure there are advantages like getting to know your results straight away without having to have post-exam worries. It can also prevent students from cheating too, since everyone is given different sets of questions.

There are also downsides to it though (in my opinion). Like I said, everyone has different sets of questions, which makes it unfair, because if you're lucky, you get the easier questions and if you're not, well good luck to you. And the thing is, they don't really test you on the overall syllabus. Some of us might get more questions on this chapter (which is totally a bonus if you get the easier ones), and some of us might not. Some of us just miss out on a chapter altogether.

A crucial part is that some of the questions are not even the syllabus. The question bank is a complicated vortex of doom. It has TONNES of questions from EVERYWHERE like ACCA, ICAEW and even CIMA? Well that's the information I got from my lecturer. Hence, to score well, other than pure hard work, you'd have to also be very lucky, and you might also need to read other stuff other than your textbook. Ok lah actually you can score well by just working hard and be lucky HAHAHAH but then to achieve World Prize...that's a mystery. Sigh.

Now let's talk about World Prize. Ah yes, the ultimate award for all ACCA candidates. *HEAVY SIGH*

Ever since coming to Sunway, heck even before I came to Sunway, I've been looking at names appearing in papers and the list of fame thinking, "What would it feel to be one of the greatest in the world?"

I STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY. *runs away crying*

It would definitely be a dream come true to achieve one of the highest awards in ACCA. Of course, it is so much easier said than done. We would often look at the high achievers and think to ourselves, "Hey that isn't so hard. All we have to do is just study all day and night!" Nope. You're WRONG. We don't know what the achievers have gone through, so we can't blindly judge. It takes a whole lot more than hard work definitely. It's about finding the right way to study while not losing interest in that particular subject. It's about being curious all the time and asking the right questions. It's about knowing more than what you are actually required to. (Easier said than done, again.) Striking a nice balance between interest and studies is not an easy task. Sigh.

I will be bullshitting if I said I didn't want the fame. Yes, initially I just wanted the glory, but after knowing the benefits that come along with it, woah, just WOAH. You get a full scholarship for the whole CAT course and 50% for ACCA. Who wouldn't want that? Plus you get cash once you graduate. Now THAT's what I'm in for. Our parents work so hard to bring us up; it's time to repay by getting that damn scholarship man.

Other than that, the urge to fulfill my self-actualization need is quite strong in this one. For the longest time, I've always felt inferior to people, like I'm not at my full potential yet. It's always the feeling that I just can't be the best of the best. True, we don't need to compete with other people to prove that we're the best. We're the best of ourselves blah blah blah yeah I totally get that man. But sometimes, we all need a little push to know what we're really capable of.

Alright, thoughts aside, my results this time....hmm. I don't know. I am feeling quite neutral because they aren't that good yet they aren't that bad either. So....

FA2 (Maintaining Financial Records) - 90 (Aimed 100)
MA2 (Managing Costs and Finance) - 86 (Aimed 9X)
FAB (Accountant in Business) - 74 (Aimed 80)
FMA (Foundation in Management Accounting) - 80 (Aimed 8X)

Yep. I said so much advisory crap and yet I got this kind of average marks hahaha. Sorry that I'm dumb. I really tried my best already though (Lol worst excuse ever seriously). Overall I am quite satisfied except for FAB, but then...it's over already lah.

I'll make sure to do better next sem. FFA, FAU and FTX, HERE I COMEEE.

World Prize - just a dream? Maybe. 


For now, SEM BREAK LOH!




x
Celine 



Comments

  1. Your results are good.How to you study for your ACCA exams?What resources you use?Give me some advice...I've never given CBE.Its gonna be my first time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I assume you're the same reader as my 2015 post? Hahah. My way of studying is to do a lot of exercises. I use BPP and Kaplan and also my lecturer's notes of course. CBE or paper-based, it's the same. Just make sure you are prepared enough before going for the exam. Cheers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact