Skip to main content

Chapter 295: Trip to the North Pt1

Okay wtf. I just accidentally CTRL+Z everything and my previous writings and posts are all gone. OMG. *RAGES* I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING IT BACK NOW.
*deep breaths*

I guess I'll have to post the trip into 2 parts, in case my long post ends up getting eaten up again. T_T

I went on a trip for a whole week recently - 4.5 days with my college buds (technically just 3 days of tripping since 2 days were spent on the train) and 2.5 days with my family.

(at this point I am honestly so lazy to retype everything omg but I'll just continue)

 
Our first time sitting the ETS! 
I have been here (Tampin station) countless times before but it was always to send off my brother to Kampar; and this time I'm finally experiencing it on my own. Psyched.

 

 

 
Once we got on the train, I remember SY saying "I don't mind sitting on this train for 4 hours."
Half an hour after that, he regretted it. HAHAHAHA.

 
Safely reached Kuala Kangsar! 
Kevin and his mom were already waiting for us but Kevin couldn't find us because we were busy taking photos. He thought we'd went off to Taiping lmao

After putting his bags in Kevin's place, we were off to Ipoh to find Jia Jian and have our dinner.
KK is somewhere in the middle of Ipoh and Taiping so it only takes half an hour to both places. 
Super convenient lo. 
Whenever we ask Kevin what's good in KK, he always says, "There's nothing here in KK, we always go out of KK to eat." LOL *okay*

 
Lou Wong Taugeh Chicken
Heard that this place is super famous because their bean sprouts are grown using mountain water.


 
MEATBALLS. 
We ordered 30 and finished them off in a few minutes huehuheue.

 
The chicken was just so-so in my opinion. Preferred the bean sprouts more.

 
With Mr Jia Jian! 

After dinner we hopped on Jia Jian's car to have a mini tour around that area of Ipoh.
Laughed like hell because we were lying about the history of Ipoh to Shu Yie. 
I think he's still confused as to which is true or false.

 And that wrapped up the day for us.

DAY 2: 
I woke up the earliest and when I got out of the bathroom someone said, "Wah so early"
I thought it was Kevin so I said HI! Little did I know it was Kevin's dad hahahah.
Their walking and talking style are 99.99% similar please. Photostat.

We headed off to Taiping to meet Ji Wei and to have our breakfast.




The view was sooooo beautiful!
All of us were like WAAAAAH and then there's Kevin who's like MEH.
Sorry lah XD


We reached Taiping in half an hour's time.
We met Ji Wei at Larut Matang foodcourt.




Shu Yie's #flatlay pic of our breakfast.
Ji Wei told us that the specialty of their carrot cake is that there's no carrot in it.
But wait...if there's no carrot in carrot cake is it still called carrot cake lol
#somethingtothinkabout
 It tastes good nonetheless hahahahhahahah

We had our second round of breakfast at a place called Tai Qian Restaurant (Thank God for swarm app lolol)




It's actually smaller in size than it looks. Yumz though.


Didn't manage to try the prawns because everyone else ate them :(

After breakfast, all of us went on Ji Wei's car to have a tour around Taiping.
Kevin seemed to know more about Taiping than Ji Wei HAHAHAHA.
 We went around Taiping Lake! AH SO PRETTY.



What a picturesque scenery with lush greenery!! (putting high school English into good use ahahah) 



See that bench over there? It could have been you and me sitting on it staring into the deep blue sky together.
#instagramcaptions
#cheesy

 After that short trip, we were headed to Penang!
It's a 1.5 hour journey from Taiping.



As usual, Celine Tan is sleeping at the back seat.


Woohoo Penang!

First stop in Penang:
Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul
Damn long ah the name.



Instagrammable mou
The kacang is damn nice lo I suka.
The asam laksa was good too!
To be frank I don't know how to judge asam laksa because I prefer the normal Malaccan laksa.
Yes Malaccan laksa I can judge!!! Okay that'll be another blogpost.
Talk about laksa I also hungry already.


Selfie wefie wherever we go!

Shu Yie and Kevin were at another table.

Then we proceeded to eat even more after we got out.
What. Don't judge. There was a stall selling nice fried food ok!




KS has super a lot of my eating pics leh

Second stop:
Dhammikarama Burmese Temple
Wat Chayamangkalaram
Okay this I had to google because I didn't check in. 






Immediately became an asshole because the camera focused on me only. HAHAHAHA.


Soooo hard to get a good picture.
Exposure why you like this!


 #modelmaterial


Adidas cap and selfie stick from KS 
 iPhone from Kevin
HAHAHAHAHA


These two XD


 Kevin looks like a little boy who just met his celebrity crush hahahaha


Apa tunggu lagi? Fake candid lo




Behind the scenes of me taking their sohai picture.
Original picture in Kevin's phone.


 So bollywood-ish


My lovely encounter with Mr Cow


#modelmaterial 2


Wah ini confirm model material liao LMAO


The moment we realized Kevin's phone is the best selfie machine ever.

Third stop:
Gurney Paragon 
Because the weather was far too hot.

 

 
Mana mana pun boleh wefie

 
We da cool kidz. 

 
Beautiful Christmas deco! 
  

 
Definition of candid




 We met Ken outside of Gurney!
And all of us headed to Gurney Drive for dinner.




The view, featuring my big head.






And then I started my journey of taking people's unglam pictures




Except for KS though. She's ever ready.


Muka tak puas is reborn


Ok lah. Nah, nice smiling picture.


"Stop taking my picture"


See what I mean about ever ready?


So detailed you can even see the sweat clearly.


I think he was mocking me


Otak otak mou?


It's good! I like it.
 The upper part is actually eggs.
Nice combination though.

And that ends our day 2 trip to the north//day 1 in Penang

Alright. Day 2 of Penang will be in the next post.
See you!


x
Celine

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact