Skip to main content

Chapter 301: Designing

Second week of classes just ended and phew, doomsday is just tomorrow. Yes you guessed it. It's Result Day! T_T

BREATHE CELINE BREATHE. It feels the same as last semester though; that uneasy feeling where you're unsure whether or not I'm able to pass all papers. Sigh. Now worry also useless lah I know, but then I still want to get ready for the worst right?

UPDATE: I passed hahahaha. 79 for Law, 65 for Performance Management and 79 for Taxation. Yay yay yay!! 

Okay, let's put that aside. This week I managed to be quite productive (of course not related to books HAHAHA). I managed to sort out the SAC T-Shirt work and put up a poll for the designs I selected for the members to vote. Well I hope the designs weren't that disappointing. Hopefully we'd be able to get it done before Charity Drive so that we can all wear it.

Which brings me to my next work for Charity Drive. I think teamwork is really really essential if we want to bring out the best in ourselves. This is why Ms M wants us all to be team players. As I'm in charge of marketing, naturally the poster designing work would fall into my scope of work.

Carol gave me all the details for the event while Hui Jia and I discussed what kind of design we wanted for the poster. I'd say we work pretty well together. I don't like last minute work so once I had time I quickly searched for the items and fonts I needed on the net and put everything on the blank canvas.

"DESIGN IS THINKING MADE INTO VISUAL" 

I like creating and I like to innovate. I admit I do search online for inspiration; and that's where my google tabs will increase in a rapid speed hahahah. I think the fonts on a piece of design are one of the most important elements for designing. I used to think I needed really fancy and quirky fonts to make it nice. Now I prefer minimalist fonts. Although they look very plain and simple, but a simple change like changing it to bold or italic would change the whole look, which is why it makes everything so appealing. A good design doesn't have to be so complicated. On the contrary, a clean but bold design will stand out instead. 

I also think experimenting with different kinds of items is good. You get to see alternatives of what you want it to look like and sometimes, accidents can turn into a masterpiece hehe.


My high school work hahaha. I was editing this piece one day and I was still thinking what kind of design I could make. So I just opened up the picture and since it was a big file it popped out and covered the whole canvas. Then voila it became the background for this page LOL. It's one of those pieces which I'm very satisfied with up until this day. Of course, special thanks to the photographer Zi Hang too. 

Now whenever I do my designing I would pray for any accidents to happen lolll. 

Next one on my to-do list is the Sports' Day poster. I have to finish that as well because it is 3 weeks after Charity Drive and we are going to promote both events together.

One thing I enjoy about designing is to see your thoughts come to live and how it turns out in the end. The feeling is really satisfying, especially when people think that your design is good. 

As long as there is at least one person who appreciates what I do, I will continue designing. 

I learnt that from a Singaporean drama I'm currently watching now hehe. And I find that truly inspiring. 



x
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact