Skip to main content

Chapter 234: Trip to Chiang Mai [Part 1]

I didn't notice that I've stopped updating for 2 weeks. Meh. Sorry, my modem went a bit cranky and kept disconnecting like crazy. I couldn't even watch Triumph In The Skies II without constantly having to pause it to let it load. F. I went to TMNet (we got the modem there cos it was cheap wtf but regretted almost immediately) to complain about the stupid modem but the worker said they had to send it to the factory. Then my mom started complaining that we won't have internet to use (HAHA) so they somehow whipped up a temporary modem for us to bring home. And the best part? This supposedly "old" modem is so much more stable and better than our old modem LOLOL. Bro said it's a little more pricey than our modem but much faster. Just a few days ago, we went back to TMNet to collect our modem and return the temporary one (boohoo). Fortunately, our old modem still couldn't work HAHAHAHA so my mom requested that they just gave us the temporary modem. Woohoo. So now I am damn satisfied with the current modem. XD


Okay, I went to Chiang Mai last week (18-12-13) with my extended family and got back on the 22nd. Yeah I procrastinated ._____. I was just too lazy to blog hahahah. There were 11 of us altogether. My own family, my aunt's family and my mom's cousin's family.

I am ashamed to say that...yes, we chased our flight. HAHA. We were late lah. Estimated the time wrongly. And man would you see the looks of the passengers of our flight. Those menacing glares ready to stare into the depths of our souls. Aiya, late for flight only what, stare what stare, never stare before is it. *glares back* Then we had Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak on flight! HAHAHAHA I love flight meals lah! *jakun*

The flight was 2 hours 45 minutes. When we reached the airport we looked for our tour guide. Much to my surprise, the first thing I told my brother was "OMG small kid!!" lol. Yeah, he looked so young but I still guessed his age wrongly. Meh. His name is 阿祥 and he's only 20 years old wtf. Damn young ok. But his knowledge of Chiang Mai and the other places was...amazing.

First stop was a temple. Sorry, the names of the places in Thailand are freaking long I didn't even bother to look. HAHAHA. I have to divide the blog posts to two sections cos it'd be too long for you to read.

Yay bells! 

Beautiful mommy and aunt. Don't they look alike?  

Taken by my brotha. 

Hello. 


IMG_7226
My gay cousins lolol. Meet Jia Yong and Jia Sheng. 

IMG_7230
This was another place. I think. Walao I forgot dy. Hahaha. 
Let's just look at the pictures la k.



IMG_7234
Meet my brother, who is trying to kill people with this jagung. 

We went down the stairs and there was food everywhere omg. 

IMG_7236
This was after we came down. Spot my brother and my cousins hahaha. 


IMG_7239
We went to visit the stupa. On the way, we saw this uncle selling coffee. Thailand Coffee to be exact. This uncle so cute horr. Holding the "menu" out for us to see. Hahaha.

IMG_7253
THE HOLY STUPA. This picture would have been better if the car wasn't there. >B(


IMG_7259


IMG_7263
My bro and I :))) 


IMG_7271


IMG_7277
Then we met this cute little dog! Hahah look at the clothes. Kawaii!! 


IMG_7285
THEN I SAW THIS HAHAHAHAHA. HI CHAH WEI. HI. 

Later on, we went to ANOTHER temple. Haha. Don't ask me the name please. Lao niang forget liao. 


IMG_7288


IMG_7300
Then we went to Chiangmai Garden Land! 
The place was filled with interesting pieces like this one here. Hahaha. It's quite creepy if you look into the hole thingy. The sun was freaking bright that time hence my tiny asian eyes. Meh.


IMG_7309
Hello gayboys. 


IMG_7316


IMG_7325
Lol these people. No life HAHAHAH.

IMG_7345
Bad hair day please. Look at my fringe. Ew.

IMG_7350
My cousin was always the creepy one. Haiz. 

The next morning we were off to Chiang Rai! To be honest, I thought Chiang Rai was like Melaka to Seremban. Boy, was I wrong. Chiang Rai was like 4 hours away from Chiang Mai omg. -____-

IMG_7369
Pit stopped at a hotspring place and came across this ROTEE stall hahaha. It's actually Roti Canai. But the difference is they add condensed milk on top. Quite nice eh!! But a bit too sweet. It's like everything in Thailand is sweet lol. 

IMG_7370
The dogs in Thailand are all so slumber. Hahah and have tiny eyes. Kawaii lah. In the 5 days I've been there, I've never heard a bark from any of the dogs. -___-

Once we reached Chiang Rai, it was another 2-hour ride to the borderline of Myanmar/Thailand. LOL. The whole sit car nia damn tiring ok. 
Myanmar. Omg. That place is such a noisy and trashy place, maybe only at the borderline lah. But I'm glad we got to experience it. 


IMG_7414
Group photo!! Our tour guide is 2nd from left sitting down! Damn young right!



IMG_7431
Ni kan shi bu shi!! 

IMG_7435
I WAS SO GLAD WE WERE BACK IN THAILAND HAHAHAHA. 
So much more peaceful compared to Myanmar seriously. Wtf. 
Then we got this awesome snack. I dunno what it was actually. Like popiah with some sweet stuff wrapped inside. 

Wah okay. The first two days. Do you think I'm posting a little too many photos? No right. No. There is no such thing as too many photos. 8D 
I shall continue the next two days on the next post okay! TOMORROW BBQ AND KARAOKE WITH MY BIJES!! WOOOOOHOOOOO and gotta continue with Sword Art Online! I promised myself to finish it by today. I got distracted by many stuff (as usual). I'm stuck at episode 23. Shall go continue now. Okay bye! 





x
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact