Skip to main content

Chapter 248: Meh.

Hi. I've officially reached the climax of boredom. What's worse is that there's so many things to worry about. I know, I know. Worrying isn't helping anything anyway, so why bother? SPM results are going to be announced 1 week from this day. Nervous? Anxious? Of course. I am totally going to freak out next Wednesday lol, but not now. Sigh. I had a dream 2 days ago that I had a B for Chinese an a C for Accounts. Can you believe that?! C for Accounts T___T  Yes I can accept B for Chinese (I suck, I really do.) but please, no C for Accounts please. There are lot more subjects I am so terrified about. What if the result slip is nothing like what I expect? There are so many "What ifs", but so little that we can do to change it. I feel that I've not given my best in the exam but then what can I do? Break in to the Jabatan and change my answers? What's done is done. I'm not going to expect much for my results, because I know it probably wouldn't be what I want. "Expect the worst, but Hope for the best." is what I believe in now.

During UPSR result day, I expected too much...And so it hit me like a tidal wave. I cried when I saw a big fat B on my result. Hahaha. 6As and 1B for BM Penulisan. I felt ashamed because all my friends around me scored straight As. Assholes. LOLOLOL. For PMR, I dunno, I was worried about Chinese. I was worried because my mom was our Chinese teacher, and of course everyone expects her daughter to get an A right? Yeah, that helped with the pressure. In the end, I did get an A. I scored straight As for the first time in my life. I felt so triumphant. I can't say I didn't expect much. I did. Maybe not as much as I did when I was 12, but I did.

So for this last major exam in my schooling life...I honestly don't know what to expect and what to NOT expect... Sigh. I have a feeling I'm going to cry real badly though. Hahaha. Maybe not because of the results? Maybe because of the fact that I won't be have this kind of massive gathering with these awesome people again? Or maybe because I am going to be a college student in about a few days' time after collecting my result? I don't know. There are so many mixed feelings. And I don't know what to feel.

I am going to college on the 22nd of March, which is next Saturday. I am going to start my new life there. Orientation Day would be on the 25th. New people, new books, new bed... I am definitely going to miss Melaka. And my old friends. All of you will not be forgotten, I can assure you that. And to think that I was soooo looking forward to college just a month ago. The feeling is different now. But I guess it's like the first day of Primary School, the first day of High School. It's not going to be that bad, I hope.

3 months have gone by so fast. And in just 9 more days I am going to college. Woah. I'm just leaving to KL which is like a 2-hour drive from here, but then I feel that I'm leaving so many things behind? Or am I just being super emotional. :(  I am not even leaving the country gosh. I can even come back to Melaka whenever I want. Sigh. Maybe I'll be all right after a while. Heh.

Received an advice from an old friend of mine: "Don't be overconfident. Don't rush." after he read my blog post weeks ago. Thanks. College will be very different from high school and I should know that. Of course, I've chosen this path, and there's no backing out now. So what's left to do is look forward. There are still so many obstacles in front of me, some might be impossible to achieve, but like I said, I'm hoping for the best. It would be a lie to say that I have utmost confidence in myself to pass my course smoothly, but I will try my best. It's time for a change in attitude I guess? I can't be sluggish in my studies anymore. I have to push myself. I know, all of these are useless if they are just talk and no work. So let's just wait and see then.

All the best, Celine Tan Li Wen. If anyone can do it, you can do it too. :)






I have a feeling I'm going to regret saying all this when I enter college. HAHAHAHAHAH. Sigh. Always azam baru one lah... Typical Malaysians. lololol. 


Then again, someone nice please motivate me to study when I say I'm lazy. Please. I will treat you lunch. Or dinner. Or supper. 8D 











x
Celine









Good luck to you too. <3 nbsp="">




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact