Skip to main content

Chapter 250: Thank you and you.

Hey ho! Whassup y'all. I'm currently typing this in my aunt's house at PJ. I have already settled my course fees and accommodation fees just now with my mom at Sunway College. Phew, it was so tiring just walking around like that -____- Okay so this post was supposed to be a super long one cos I have so many things to update. It's supposed to have lots of pictures too, but I don't have a cable right now so I can't transfer my photos to the laptop. But all is well, I will update with another post. :)

So guess what? Straight As baby! I shall tell the story from the beginning. LOL. A day before, I couldn't really get any sleep. I tried to, but I woke up constantly thinking about the stupid results and how I would screw it up. Next day, I woke up in a blur. I was very calm about the whole thing mainly because I just wanted to sleep lol. Oh, right, I had to follow my mom to school because I had no transport. Yes, I woke up at 5:45am -____- Reached school at 6:45am lol (dabao-ed McD's for breakfast ahahahahaha suckers.). Sigh, the anxiety immediately flooded me. As I was eating blissfully at my mom's place, a wild Form 1 student appeared. She said,"Teacher, where is table number 36?" I gave her a loud "HAR?!" Damn it was awkward. Sighs. Am I that old? ;__;

Ok lah why am I blabbering about non important stuff. Blablabla, then Evonne reached. So we started talking and talking. The best thing about being best friends is that no matter how long you've not talked, you'd still have something to talk about. No awkward moments at all. We talked until about 10am, then we sent texts to the number provided to check our results beforehand. She got a reply after just 7 minutes. Her results were good! From then on I started overthinking. I kept thinking that I'd get 2Bs. I was so worried for Accounts and Chinese.

We went to the corridor near the field later on after students flooded the canteen. I received a text!!!! I thought it was from 15888 but it was just CH LOLLLLL. SCARED ME TO DEATH OKAY. He texted me saying that Pz had arrived. So we gathered outside the hall. After about 45 minutes sending the text, I RECEIVED IT! And damn, it was the most surprising result ever. I've scored straight As! 7A+, 3A, 1A-! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I must have looked ridiculous jumping around showing my friends the message lololol. I went to hug Tung hahahahahhaha I felt like crying at that time seriously. My mom was in class at that time so I texted her. I called my brother later. I feel really, really blessed.

Mr Chay arrived shortly afterwards and we were gathered inside the hall. Mr Chay announced that Xin Yi scored STRAIGHT A+!!! What a feat. I feel very proud of her. She totally deserves it. Although honestly speaking when I received the news in the morning I was so darn pressured. But thankfully I received what I wanted. :) My name was announced first (Meh, woes of having the first few alphabets as your initials.). K I don't like being announced first because I don't know where I should go. Hehehe as I was the first one, Mr Chay praised me hahahahahaha (let me have my moment XD). He counted the As and said,"Wah 11As! Fantastic man!".

Got the shock of ma life when I saw that I got an A for Chinese instead of A- LOL. I got an A- for Biology. So sorry Miss Koh!! YOU ARE STILL THE BEST!! I guess it was kinda expected because I had a hard time answering Paper 2. It's alright, I'm satisfied with A-. I was a teeny bit disappointed about Physics, mainly because I expected an A+. A for BM was expected. Overall, I am satisfied of course. I know I'm not that strong in science subjects, but I managed to clinch As so I guess I'm not that jialat after all? HAHA. *self praise is no praise*

I have to thank LOADS of people for my achievement. Firstly, my Papa. Although he isn't here anymore, but I know he's always looking out for me from somewhere. HI PA what's up?! :) I miss you so very much. And I hope you see me now! Thank you, if not for you, I wouldn't have achieved A+ for English and 1A for 1119. :D Next, my superwoman mommy!! She is the one who drove me back and forth for tuition classes all day and night! She sacrificed her time and money for me and I couldn't thank her more for that. She constantly gave me support and nagged me throughout the year. Sorry mom, I know you were worried when you see me playing with my phone instead of studying hahahahah. I wouldn't have made it without you! My brother. Oh dear brother. Hahaha. He gives me life advice from time to time. He is someone whom I can gossip with and tell secrets to. Thanks bro for everything!!

We shall move on to school! The teachers have played a huge role. All the constant nagging and huge amount of homework were definitely annoying. HAHAHA. Ok lah, it's damn annoying, but it did help us. Sorry teachers, sometimes I'm just too lazy so I copied my friends' homework. LOLOLOLOL. THE TRUTH IS OUT. I believe everyone has done it at least once before lol. If not, then too bad you missed out the fun. :P

Last but not least, friends. If you have no friends in high school, I pity you man. Lol. Jokes aside, my friends have helped me a lot during this period of time. I don't know where to start actually. Firstly, Evonne, who has helped me in Accounts, explaining shit I couldn't understand when I was blur. All the best in your accounting future haopengyou!! You'll do great. Next, Pzeeeeee my laughing buddy HAHAHAHAHA. Thanks for teaching me Addmath yo!! I will never ever forget the memories and laughter we had as table mates. Love die you. And of course Xin Yi!! She contributed most to my homework lah hahahahaha. Okok, thank you for helping me out in Biology, Addmath and most subs actually. Y u so awesome LOL. Good luck future doctor! Also, Tung. This girl has more faith in me than I have for myself. Thank you for trusting so much in me and teaching me Chemistry! You're amazing. JIA YING HIII. Haha. Thanks for all the laughter and gossip and whatnot. Good luck in your future :)

 Lastly, scout buddies! HELLO. First and foremost, our TL, CHAH WEI! Always calling me dumb and stupid just to urge me to improve myself. Don't think I dunno HAHAHAHA. Thanks lah bro for teaching me Addmath, Bio and Physics. Next, Chin Tee. Forever sleeping in class, what lah you. But still, thanks for teaching Bio yo. Good luck for your engineering course! Also, Chia Hoe. Forever betting who will get better/worse results in exams. Funny enough I am always the one losing!! -____- Thank you for all the support and encouragement. 2.99. :D



All in all, thank you, everyone. It wouldn't be a possible task to achieve without all of you.






x
Celine




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 290: Being a CAT-ACCA student

Hello. I just wanna get this off my chest for a bit. DISCLAIMER: This is merely my own understanding of the whole programme. Please don't flame me for wrong information lol. WHAT ARE CAT AND ACCA?  CAT stands for Certified Accounting Technician. Yeah, people laugh at the term "technician" but in layman terms it is just another name for Foundation in Accountancy. No idea why they used CAT though; probably because they don't want people to mess it up with Foundation in Arts? Anyways, one thing I dislike is when people ask me what I'm currently doing. When I say CAT, EVERYONE doesn't get it. So I just say "Oh I'm doing accounting." which sounds pretty weak but then it's easier than explaining the whole shit a gazillion times to different people and yet they STILL don't get it. :( ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Alright, so here's the thing. ACCA is a professional body (sort of like a club, really.

Chapter 319: Reflections

It's 12:44am and I have a lot on my mind. I feel like I haven't been able to give my 100% since the beginning of the year. I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it was because it was fast approaching one of my goals in the firm which was to get promoted to Senior Associate and subsequently tendering afterwards. The plan in my head was solid - I start applying in June, just slightly 2 weeks before the official promotion announcement, I get a call from HR after a week or so, an official interview by the managers after 2 days, and in July I was good to go. Plans always deviate, don't they? In June I find myself still in the midst of peak; whoever said that June was the start of off peak is a liar. However I also found myself avoiding to update my resume; I think a part of me still wanted to stay. I believe it was the comfort zone calling - I have good bosses, my portfolio was okay (I am taking over a job meant for an Assistant Manager), I am familiar with everything that

Chapter 320: I've not been well recently

 Not sure how to begin this post. My heart is beating really fast right now and I need to vent my feelings somewhere. I haven't been in a good mental state for a while now. I am suffering. I have been trying my best to see the good in everything and it has been exhausting. I guess I'd been dismissing my negative feelings because I feel like I should be grateful and appreciative for everything I have right now - which I am, don't get me wrong.  I'm having a difficult time relaxing properly recently. Even when I'm just chilling and watching Netflix, a sense of uneasiness just comes creeping on me; and it stays with me. I can't find anything that makes me happy anymore. I just feel so restless and on most days I feel like I've lost my sense of identity.  All the things that once make me happy have lost their ability to do so. I feel like a lifeless robot each day, just surviving and not living. Achievements aren't able to make me feel anything too. In fact